So, this week has been a tough one. We have been digging into some pretty serious issues here. It made me sick to see how naive I have been and to hear how my fellow brothers and sisters around the world don't have it nearly as easy as me. It made me sad that I have never genuinely been broken for those tortured for their beliefs. I had always heard stories, but until this week, I had never been able to put faces to those stories. I had always thought that these types of things didn't happen in MY modern world. People aren't that barbaric, I thought. How naive I am to think that the Evil One isn't at work in so many nations around the world! My Dad showed me last night how small I have been limiting my world. He showed me that I am to be a part of His world, not mine. He also showed me so many places throughout the fifth book of the New Book where the first followers were stoned and thrown out and still they rejoiced. I can fully confess that I have never been attacked for my beliefs and can sadly assume that I would not be rejoicing if I had. I have also been reading a book called "Princess," by Jean Sasson. It is a biography about a woman raised in Saudi Arabia and the persecution she faced being a woman, even though she is royalty. It is very heart wrenching, not an easy read by any means, but completely eye opening to the realities of our world. We, as Americans, don't have a clue about what is going on outside our bubble, I am afraid. Well, I can't generalize for the entire country, but in my world, I had/still have no idea the devastation that my fellow brothers and sisters are confronted with every day, every hour, every minute, because they love Our Dad.
Please lift up those brothers and sisters who are daily attacked by family members, local leaders, national leaders, religious leaders, etc. Please ask for strength to face adversity and to cling to Him. Ask that He would provide a heart song for them that would encourage and nourish them.
Thank you, partners! I could not be here without the knowledge that I have so many people back home lifting me up. It is such a refresher to have that comfort of sweet words being brought to Our Dad!
We really are just so comfortable. I think it is easier for us to act like everything is the same around the world as it is in America. We need to be broken. Thanks for the reminder. God is already using you. Love you!
ReplyDelete