Monday, December 14, 2009

Shihlin Night Market


On Sunday night, we went to the Shihlin (pronounced Shur lin) Night Market. It is the most famous of all the night markets in Taiwan. It is CRAZY busy!
You can buy so many things there, from shoes and clothes to suitcases, wigs and sleeping bags.
I bought my first pair of shoes, a pair of tall black boots. Love them!


Girls

Guys


My new friends, Amy, Gayo, and Katherine got me to try some of the
traditional Taiwanese and Chinese foods.
If anyone knows me well at all, you know that I am an extremely picky eater.
Be impressed!

Stinky Tofu - Yep! It smells like Porta-potty water and tastes pretty much the same except spongy. Eh!

Oyster Omelet - I wish that you could have been there to experience this with me. It was the most terrible thing I have ever put in my mouth. I was trying to hard not to throw it back up, that I started crying. I was able to force my straw into my mouth and the omelet just kind of slid down my throat. Needless to say, I will NEVER EVER eat another oyster omelet!

Octopus Soup - Pretty tasty, if you can get over feeling like you are gnawing on a tongue. I quite enjoyed my seafood soup!



2 comments: