Thursday, February 18, 2010

Chinese (Lunar) New Year - Year of the Tiger

Last Saturday was New Year's Eve of the Lunar calendar. Sadly, I didn't do much of anything that night. It also hasn't stopped pouring down rain in over a week now. But, I have been enjoying the break!


Dihua Street Market


A few of us went to Dihua Street which is known for it's Chinese New Year Market. It sells snacks, decorations, toys, etc. There were huge bins filled with anything and everything. I didn't know what was in any of them.

~
Friends
Bins of who knows what?!?!?
Chinese New Year Decorations - Red and Gold
~
This week, I went to Yangming Mountain with friends. It was so beautiful. I can't believe that it is basically in the middle of my city! A huge mountain with breathtaking waterfalls, monstrous volcanos, and about a million fumaroles. It literally rained on us most of the day, but we all had a blast anyway.







5 comments:

  1. Beautful pics, and wonderful new freinds. what could be better? Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place looks awesome! The mountains and the markets! Love you sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gig -- this is Clee. Glad you enjoyed my dancing video and that you think I'm the coolest guy you know. Sorry Jason...

    Glad you're having such a good time. I'm really proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! Nice to keep up with my folks vicariously through your blog! Thanks!!! (Tell them how easy it is to blog!) :)

    ReplyDelete