FOREWARNING – I know absolutely nothing about the military or its’ terms, so forgive me for any mistakes I will surely make!
My best friend from high school recently found out that her boyfriend of three years, an officer in the army, is being sent back overseas right into the heart of the fighting. When she told me, I just cried for them both and asked Him to give them both strength and safety in this time of uncertainty. I could not imagine going into hand-to-hand combat, actually seeing your enemy and the hatred that has fueled the need to try to take your life. Yesterday, someone commented on me and my new friends being soldiers. Wow! Me? Are you sure? For the rest of the day, I just chewed on that nugget of wisdom. I was suddenly overwhelmed with so much clarity in the magnitude of this world and the supernatural battle it faces everyday!
“For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.” (Eph. 6:12)
I am a soldier. I am more than a soldier, I am His warrior. He is sending me into the front lines for hand-to-hand combat in the MOST important battle. He has chosen me to join His infantry. I feel so honored and inadequate and nervous, yet brave. As you can tell, my feelings are a little conflicted. Thankfully, He is control and knows what He is doing by sending me. Please lift me up and my new friends as we continue to prepare for His great battle and our involvement.
We pray for you daily and will continue to do so. You are a soldier - in the truest sense. As Reagan would say: "I may never march in the infantry, ride in the calvary, shoot the artillery. I may never soar o'er the enemy, but I'm in the Lord's army! Yes, sir!"
ReplyDeleteWow! What a great thought - and so true! The battle that rages across the world is fierce, but take comfort in the fact that you are well equipped! You have the ultimate defender on your side and He has armed you with amazing tools - the full armor of our father. The next few verses in Ephesians describe this armor so beautifully. I will pray that you will find great strength and courage my friend!
ReplyDeleteI read your post in ss today. They thought it was great. All are sending you thoughts and good wishes. I am so proud of you.
ReplyDelete